11:11

Le Tour de Earth


by Steven 'Chopes' Davis


‘I’ll meet you in the Philippines. Oh, how? I’ll ride my bike there. See you in a couple yrs!’

This is how this whole craziness started. Joking around with my buddies, then the question popped into my head: ‘Why can’t I ride there?’

2 years later, I am doing it. I am about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime…circumnavigate the world, on my bicycle! To see the people of the world and how they live, will be amazing. I want to learn as much as I can while out and maybe some people will learn from me. There is so much out there and I want to see it all! What better time than the present to do it? Long Beach, CA - Long Beach NY, zigzag my way from Portugal to Transylvanian Alps in Romania, Ukraine, India, Asia.


With my bicycle, a tent, some necessities and WITHOUT sponsorship! The plan is to get as far as my money will get me, which will be at least into Portugal, then get a job to continue on. Riding when I want, breaking when I want, doing what I want. This ride has no time limit because I want to get the most out of it. If there is a stretch of nothing, I’ll probably get through it quick. If there is a stretch of beauty and entertainment, more than likely I will stay and check it all out.

I will be documenting this trip with pictures and posts on my blog at LeTourDeEarth.blogspot.com. You can follow me around the world and see what kind of trouble I am getting into and what sort of terrain I am passing through, as well as daily mileage and mental state. This is going to be a solo trip, so I will probably be like Tom Hanks talking to Wilson in Cast Away. I already have my bike mojo, a Tron action figure (Sam). He will be my companion for the duration of the trip and get me through the hard times.

With the good thoughts from you and the positive people on the road I will make it through this alive. Curiosity never killed any cat I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!